Monday, March 7, 2016

London: The Initiation

AIFS gave us the option to purchase a flight through the program. This flight would include a weekend in London upon arrival in Europe and also rides from Heathrow airport to our hotel, a flight from London to Munich, and a bus ride from Munich to Salzburg (my new home). I took full advantage of this, so as to avoid buying my own flight and having to find my own way to Salzburg. I didn't feel very brave anyways, but this certainly provided some more security and assurance after surrendering it all before passing through the gates.

Ahh, but don't be fooled. I still cried. I cried quite a bit.

That first weekend in London was so important to me for many reasons. Here's what I think:
1. My first city in Europe
2. I have named this weekend..."The Initiation." Makes sense. First weekend of studying abroad.
3. So many sights to see!
4. I met all of these amazing people for the first time.

It's been almost a month since this weekend, but I still remember it clearly. It was a weekend full of first impressions and tiny adventures and many laughs and many moments of anxiety as my stomach dropped to the floor after trying to fathom that this really is my new life for the next four months. I looked around class today and took in all the faces around me. I just know that I am already going to miss them. I am going to miss learning with them. I am going to miss exploring with them. And that first weekend in London was so special because we were all the same. We all had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. We didn't know each other but we were on the same team.

Here are some pictures taken by and with some of my favorite adventure buddies in the very beginnings of our extravagant journey.



@St. Paul's Cathedral Thanks for the photo, Camy!

@Buckingham Palace feat. Brooke
Josh: I wish I lived there. I'd just be sittin' there....eating a snack.

@Big Ben


@The Orangery @Kensington Palace


@Tower Bridge feat. Came and Brooke
Me: I really want some cod and chips.
Brooke: Me too.
Me: Want to split one?
Brooke: Oh yeah. I'm a splitter.
(instantaneously became best friends)



@Abbey Road


@Kensington Park feat. Josh, Brooke, Camy and Peter Pan!





No comments:

Post a Comment