Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thoughts During 10th Period

So, my junior year of high school, my best friend and I had this notebook we shared. We passed it back and forth between classes. It was so cute because our lockers were right next to each other, so we would giggle between handoffs and say something like, "this one is so funny," or "please don't judge me," or "do not let anyone see this." I think I still have it somewhere at home. We wrote about silly drama, we made up poems, recited our favorite lyrics, made weekend plans, drew pictures and all other things that one would assume is associated with a best-friend-diary. It was cute. It was so cute.

Anyways, we first named the notebook "Perks of Being a Nobody." It sounds very sad, but it was actually a happy little thing. The title transformed to "Thoughts During 10th Period." 10th period, I had chemistry on the 3rd floor of our God-lovin' no-air-blowin' high school, and I loved it so much. I sat right next to the window and watched the seasons change all my young days long. I documented the change all the while. And of course all the thoughts that accompanied it.

Anyways, I think this blog is my 10th period.

Here's a list, just because.

Things I came to further appreciate this week:

  • Definitely, definitely rain boots. 
  • A good honest laugh (they can do wonders, man!)
  • Cute edgy waitresses at sushi restaurants who kinda seem to be everyone's friend
  • Today, a girl in my Administration of Serving the Aged class said this about one of our favorite professors, "He is the man, with every respect to the word." I liked it.
  • During the same class, we got a little sidetracked and started talking about different kinds of milk. One person said she had tried goat milk, and when we asked what it tasted like she literally said, "goaty." When we asked her to explain herself she said, "Have you ever been around a goat? Well think of that feeling, and that's what it tastes like." The strange thing is...I kinda understand what taste she is talking about. Also, I think I might start using the adjective "goaty" a little more often.
  • Parking garages
  • People who are good at introducing you to the other people they are with
  • The hidden therapy of a good spring cleaning session
  • I guess the rain... I guess. 

Well, it's not all that I have to say, but I suppose it will suffice for now.

*Ring ring* 10th period is over.



2 comments:

  1. Maddie I love you and this blog and your sunshine daydreaming mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madeline, how did I just now see this! Thank you for being 1 out of my 2 followers! Honestly, you have been an inspiration for a lot of the sunshiney feels associated. I miss you very much!

      Delete